Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What is her name?!

When people ask "What is her name?" I tell them "Battier" (bat-ee-ay), then I typically have to repeat her name at least 3 times. Some people get it right away, those are normally sports fans. Battier is named after Shane Battier and his Battier Take Charge Foundation. I had the pleasure of meeting Shane 4 years ago at the Lake Tahoe Celebrity Golf tournament. My family's company, Amador Stage Lines  provides the transportation for all the players and Shane has always been great! His foundation provides college scholarships to underserved youth and teens. I always tell people about the great work the Battier Take Charge Foundation is doing when I talk about Battier and Canine Companions for Independence.

When I heard that CCI Breeder Tosca (the breeder I had requested a puppy from and Grand-Puppy of my Breeder Chandra) was having a "B" litter, I contacted her Breeder Caretaker to see if the name "Battier" could be submitted to honor Shane and his wife Heidi's charitable work in the community. CCI picked the name "Battier" and I was lucky enough to get to raise her!

Battier's name definitely fits her! She's such a smart and confident puppy. I have high hopes for her that she will become a Service Dog for someone who needs her.

Battier's nicknames are "Bats" and "Batty".

An interesting article about Shane Battier's name, click here.

Battier with Shane after the Kings and Heat game on December 27, 2013. 

Shane, Laura (me), Lisa and Battier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment