Thursday, January 28, 2016

259 days.....

It has been 259 days since I last saw Battier.....the wait is definitely worth it!! After 2+ years of hard work, tomorrow I will be handing Battier's leash over to Nancy to make their team official! This is such a wonderful honor! I have known Nancy since I was 16 years old and puppy raising my first puppy Kedra. Little did I know that 12 years later I would be picking up a cute little 8 week old puppy named Battier that would later go on to graduate with Nancy.

The gift bags are made up for Nancy and Battier's trainer Amanda! Her first trainer Maria received her gift today in Texas, it was fun to FaceTime and see her open her gift! I love making photo books and can't wait to share Nancy's and Amanda's with them tomorrow.

Schedule for tomorrow...I will probably leave Sacramento around noon or so. Puppy Raisers of graduating dogs will meet with our Puppy Program Manager James at 4pm. At 4:30 pm we will be reunited with the dog we raised after 6, 9 or 12 months depending on the dog....Battier was in Advanced Training for 9 months. Then I will meet with Nancy and her husband Ramesh for dinner. I cannot even wait until we can go over stories! This is going to be so much fun and the adventure is just beginning....

To be continued!


No comments:

Post a Comment