Saturday, December 28, 2013

Battier meets Shane Battier!

Last night Battier (Batty-ay) met her namesake, 2 time World Champion with the Miami Heat and great guy Shane Battier! My family's company has provided the transportation for the Lake Tahoe Celebrity Golf Tournament where we had the pleasure of meeting Shane 3+ years ago. When I found out I was getting a "B" puppy  from Tosca's litter, I wanted to honor the good things Shane is doing for the community and I asked Tosca's breeder caretaker to submit the name, it's great the CCI picked it! 

I made arrangements with another CCI puppy raiser to bring Battier to the game once it was finished since she is too little to attend a whole basketball game. Battier did very well while we waited for Shane, having a chew toy kept her entertained while people walked by and said how cute she is and what a good girl she was as well. Check out Shane's foundation by clicking the link.

Battier is a big girl! 10.5 weeks and I'm guessing a little over 20 lbs! She's going to be a great puppy! Very smart and willing to learn! I'm really looking forward to raising her over the next 17 months. 



No comments:

Post a Comment